When high school athletes select the college team for which they will play, the students often hold press conferences and sign letters of intent to announce their decisions on May 1’st. This day is also known as “signing day”
This year, AISD, The E3 alliance, and GenTX decided to host a pep rally type of event that honored kids, (that weren’t athletes) committing to college. The Central Texas College Signing Day event was held at Huston-Tillotson and our very own Keirra Ewah and Jacob Duran covered it for KAHS News. Austin High School Students attended the event and we were able to catch up with them for an interview.
- Julian Castro, former Mayor of San Antonio, and the creator of San Antonio College Signing Day
- Judge Sarah Eckhardt, Travis County’s first female County Judge
- Steven Adler, Mayor of Austin
- Dr. Paul Cruz, Superintendent of Austin Independent School District
- Dr. Kelly Crook, Superintendent of Del Valle Independent School District and
- Vince Young, former star football player, University of Texas at Austin.